STEEL AUTO INDUSTRIES, better known as SAI was founded in 1954. It started as a Proprietorship firm by Shri J.K.Singh Walia who passed out from New Diamond Jubilee Engineering college of Lahore in 1947 as Mechanical Engineer. Earlier he worked in Ordnance Factory in Pune as Deputy Chief Engineer in 1948 to 1953. After resigning, he started SAI by courage and determination and could make it possible in blossoming and emerging into a large entrepreneur which is popularly known today, as SAI.
Initially in 1954 SAI took up the manufacturing business by steel casting of heavy vehicle auto parts, Bollards anchoring for ships, Pile shoes for construction industry, Sugar Industry parts, Cement factory parts and lifting jacks. With the passing of time SAI gradually increased the capability, in the field of engineering & technology and now holds the leading position in the field of Structural Bearing, Prestressing material & equipment’s, Expansion joints , Hydraulic presses, Hydraulic Jacks, Well point De-watering pumps (piston pump & Impeller centrifugal pump) & its accessories.